Friday, August 6, 2010

Let's Learn About God's Word

The Greatest Commandment
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" Matthew 22:37-39

Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth, and teach me: for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.


Please continue to review the Ten Commandments with your child.

The Ten Commandments
I am the Lord your God.....
You shall have no other gods before me.

You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anthing in heaven above, or on earth beneath or in the waters below.

You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.

Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.

Honor your father and your mother.

You shall not kill.

You should keep your marriage promises.

You shall not steal.

You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

You shall not want anything that belongs to your neighbor. Exodus 20:1-17



Your child is learning about the time that Jesus was on earth. We have been reading about John The Baptist preparing the way for our Lord. The children have learned that Jesus did not perform any miracles until after He was baptized. We are now learning about Jesus choosing the twelve disciples. We will be in the New Testament for the rest of the school year. I would like to encourage you to ask your child each day what he or she is learning during Bible time. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment